More or less as planned?

The new year is a natural time to think about aging and who we are as compared to who we imagined we would be. A friend of mine had a droll observation about this process, writing in a recent email, "as I get older, I realize I'm much more shallow than I originally planned to be."

I think that makes a nice sentence frame:
As I get older, I realize I'm much more (or less) ___ than I planned to be (when I was ____ years old).

I invite you to fill in the blanks anonymously in the comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

more conventional/17

less accomplished/22

less certain/27

more satisfied

Anonymous said...

Interestingly I think I am very much as I imagined I would be. Slightly more academic and more conventional- but that doesn't feel permanent.

Anonymous said...

As I get older I realise I'm much more important that I planned to be when I was about 21

Sophie said...

I miss your posts! Tell us more about what is happening in Sunny California.

xxx