Salvaging and Making Due

We transformed this old wardrobe that our friend Steven had given us long ago into a pantry for food storage. Our kitchen, while spacious in the center, is not overly equipped with cupboards, and we'd been living with several boxes in the middle of the floor of the kitchen, trying to figure out where all the kitchen stuff would go. A few 1X2s and 1x4s and it is fulfilling its highest calling.





I was really wanting an outdoor table for the covered area outside the back door. I knew we would eventually find something, but I really was wanting something on Sunday morning since people were coming over that evening. I told Justin as we left to do errands, "I want to find a free outdoor table." He pointed out that we couldn't really fit a table in the car, and I reluctantly agreed.

Nothing at Urban Ore. Went to Berkeley Bowl and got the closest parking space I've ever seen on a weekend. A couple more errands. Back in Richmond, we saw a sign for a garage sale. Before we found the garage sale, we saw some furniture on a lawn with a "free" sign. One of the items was a round formica table, with detachable legs, that just barely fit in our car. And here it is:

By the way, the vase was also salvaged and the flowers are from the yard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see that cabinet get new life! I remember that it originally came from the yard sale next to john Bs house in Sacto.... very good with the shelves!
-Steven

Sophie said...

Any more pics of the inhabited house...?? I am really enjoying following this house-buying adventure!