Double Entry Woes & Photo Request

Sorry for the messy double entries where the photos and their commentaries are separate. The pictures get posted through Hello, which allows either an above- or below-picture caption, but not both.

In the past, after the photos were posted by Hello, I would go edit them through Blogger, just like I edit my written posts. Apparently that doesn't work anymore because after I added further commentary, the pictures were no longer available. Weird!

But I can't really complain since it's all free. And you can't really complain either because it beats the heck out of what we did when we lived overseas before, right? (Namely, send a roll of film home every few months and ask y'all to circulate it.)

So! I'm kind of longing for some photos from the other side of the ocean (any ocean). If you've got digital pix, you could email them to me, or if you're feeling adventurous, go to Hello and you can send me pictures without emailing them. If you've got regular pictures, you can put them in the regular mail. Just remember to mark the envelope "Pictures! Do Not Bend!" as our postal delivery person bent in half a calendar to make it fit in our mailbox!

1 comment:

Jhuny said...

Hey Catalin,

I thought I should elaborate more on how I do photos on my blog. I use Flickr and it allows me to post to Blogger from there. However I don't bother posting from Flickr, I just get Flickr to tell me what the URL (the link to the photo) is and paste it into my post as I type it in in Blogger. That way I can do multiple photos in the one post.

I haven't used Hello but if you're able to obtain the URL of your photo then you can use an img tag to display it. Of course this requires a bit of HTML knowledge though if you're using Flickr this wouldn't be necessary.

I suggest checking Flickr out. Flickr is cool.

Hope this helps! Sorry if I confused you even more.