One-sided (Cellphone) Conversation Overheard on Light Rail in Portland

I'm getting married./
Ray is coming with me cuz he's going to be best man./
No, then Jason would know I talked to you./
No./
He doesn't even want me to talk to you. But he's getting better about it. I told him, "Well, I'm sorry you're not friends with your ex, but I'm gonna stay friends with mine." I mean, it was a long time before we got to this point./
I don't know if I'm gonna get a hotel or stay at Melanie's./
I hope Melanie will let me stay there. You know she lives up behind the mill./
Behind the mill on the way to the cemetery. She's lived there for like 30 years!/
You dropped me off there!/
You don't remember, do you?/
It was at the beginning of when we were going out. You dropped me off there./
It was right after you got outta jail and we were staying in that trailer./
We didn't stay long. You were like, "There's too many fuckin' tweakers around here." You didn't want to hang out with tweakers.

And that was the last thing we heard as she stepped off the Max.

No comments: