Next Year's Sitch

Several people have asked for more info about the school I'll be at next year. You can find the school website here, and a school blog written by students and staff here.

I will be teaching English Language Learners and struggling readers, as well as having an advisory group.

I will get to the school from here by (first) walking to Ashby BART, (then) riding BART to Richmond, and (finally) walking to the school. If I get impatient with the walking parts, I might replace them with bike riding, as I can put my bike on the train.

I have signed the contract and am excited to start in the fall. I may do a little planning work with the principal in June before I go to Australia.

Is this a satisfactory amount of info? What else d'you want to know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's an advisory group? who will be in yours? what will you do in it?
fmk

Catalin said...

I think it's somewhat like homeroom, but with more caring and personalization. It's different at different schools and is generally meant to create an adult that each student feels connected to. Advisory groups are supposed to be smaller than regular classes, but since my school has small classes anyway, I don't know how many students. Probably between 15-20. Probably meet every day. Not sure what we'll do. Good questions!